[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Vinyl is the best flooring type for kitchens and bathrooms because it’s waterproof and very easy to clean. However, you should keep a few things in mind to maintain the quality of your floor.
- Use doormats to prevent dirt from outside to spread on the floor. It will also catch gravel that could scratch your vinyl.
- Sweep your floor regularly to remove sand, gravel and other hard bits that would destroy the surface of your vinyl.
- Avoid the usage of harsh chemicals. Mild cleaning methods, like sweeping, vacuuming or mopping, will do the job.
- Don’t cover your vinyl with a lot of water and wipe big spills of water immediately. The exposure to too much moisture can destroy the glue the vinyl is laid with and causes it to curl and loosen.
- Protect your floor from your furniture. Get floor protectors from your nearest hardware store and opt for chairs with legs instead of rolls, because you can put some felt tip protectors underneath that will protect the floor when you move the chair.
- Before you use chemical cleansers on your vinyl, try these easy and cheap products first:
- Vinegar + water for everyday cleaning – the acid of the vinegar cleanses gently and the smell fades once the floor is dry again.
- Baking soda + water for tough stains – make a paste with baking soda and some water and rub it on your stains and then wipe it off with a damp cloth.